UPDATED: Festival Fundraising Delivers Bumper Amount
OUR festive fundraising events in December raised a fantastic £500, which is more than the school anticipated. We'd like to extend our gratitude to everyone who contributed and helped raise this awesome amount. The challenges of organising a series of socially distanced events during Covid made it more difficult than normal but showed what can be achieved if we all pull together.
In normal times we organise a Christmas Fayre, which parents and children alike enjoy and provides the bulk of Christmas fund raising but because of Covid this has not been possible, so to raise £500 is a big success. The money will be used to pay for resources that will enhance the children's learning experience at Selly Oak Nursery School.
SELLY Oak Nursery School has organised a host of fun fundraising events that we would love parents and carers to get involved in!
During these testing times, we feel it’s even more important to spread some festive fun and bring a smile to the children’s faces. During normal times we would invite you all to contribute and attend our Christmas Fayre – which raises important funds for the School - but because of Coronavirus this is not possible.
These events will raise vital funds for the School and help to pay for resources that benefit the children. As always, the generosity of our parents makes a huge difference and your help is always appreciated. If you have any queries, please talk to Mr McKinney on 0121 472 1700.
Please see below the list of Christmas fundraising activities and events coming up in December:
- Christmas Bake Sale on Monday, December 14th and Thursday, December 17th buy some delicious cakes. More details to be revealed soon.
- Christmas Family Quiz - To be hosted on Zoom by Mr McKinney on Saturday, December 12th at 11am. The winners get a prize and the price of entry is £2 per family. To book a place contact Mr McKinney by emailing email@example.com.
- Christmas Craft Bags - help your child make a beautiful decoration for your tree. Bags are £3 and can be ordered by contacting Mr McKinney on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that there is a limited supply and demand is high!
- Reindeer Food - make sure you've got some food for Santa's Reindeers. These go on sale from Monday, December 7th and each bag costs 50p
- Christmas Raffle - tickets are 50p each and can be ordered from Mr McKinney.
- Where's Santa? - Can you guess which box Father Christmas is hiding in? This will be put out by the main entrance at pick up and drop off times from December 7th and each guess is 50p.
A big thanks to the parents who donated some great items to our Christmas fundraising events! We have been inundated with items and are extremely grateful for our all of your generosity. We no longer need prizes but parents able to bringing in shop bought cakes which can be sold in our cake sales next week. Please bring them on Monday morning at the latest.
Here are a selection of the raffle prizes we have on offer - with first prize the Pamper Hamper and second the Christmas goodies hamper. There is also a selection of surprise bottles and lots of other treats that can be won!
Christmas Tree Decoration Demonstration
Watch Mrs Diwakar's demonstration of how to create a fabulous Christmas tree decoration.