Useful sources of information for parents:
- www.education.gov.uk/childrenandyoungpeople/earlylearningandchildcare This Parent Centred website provides a wide range of information about your child’s education. This includes an online guide to the curriculum for parents, a search facility which lets you look up information about schools in your area, a search of educational resources to help you and your child to work together and detailed information about many areas of education both in and out of school.
- www.home-start.org.uk Offers friendship, support and practical help to parents with young children.
- www.ncb.org.uk A leading national charity, which supports children, young people and families, and those who work with them.
- www.foundationyears.org.uk A resource for all those who work in the foundation stage delivering services for children and families.
- http://bhamsouthcentralccg.nhs.uk/b-papers/doc_download/186-a-guide-for-parents-and-carers-of-children-from-0-5-years - Common Childhood Illnesses - A Guide for Parents and Carers of children from 0-5 years - NOTE The Guide will download as a PDF.
- Play Like Share - Keeping 8 - 10 year olds safe online
- Internet safety leaflets for parents
Local Primary Schools
- St Edwards RC Primary School, Selly Park
- St Marys C of E Primary School, Selly Oak
- Bournville Village Bournville Primary, Bournville
- Tiverton Academy, Selly Oak
- Raddlebarn Primary School, Selly Oak
Useful Websites for Children:
These websites are full of helpful tips and ideas on how to support you and your child.
A website with lots of ideas, articles and offers
This website provides information for all families in England with children under the age of 5
Find out about the new library and the resources you can access for your family. See details below regarding the events at half term
Both of these websites are about keeping you and your family safety.
- www.early-education.org.uk Charitable organisation. Includes details of the charity's work and
information about publications
- www.bbc.co.uk/schools/parents. Advice for parents. From homework help to Special Educational Needs. Find out
how to help your child at school, college and university.
The National Literacy Trust is an independent charity that believes everyone in the UK should have the literacy skills they need.
Providing doctor - approved health information about children from before birth through adolescence
This website is full of articles on all aspects of parenting. Whether you are nursing an infant, potty training, helping with homework or purchasing a phone, this website has advice and ideas.
- Amazon.co.uk - Children's books - Parental advice books - Pregnancy advice books
- Super Nanny.co.uk - Official website of the Channel 4 TV show, with parenting and childcare advice, tips and resources
Family Action has a long and proud history of supporting families in the UK. Since its establishment in 1869, Family Action has provided support to the neediest families, whatever their situation, helping them move towards a brighter future.
The NSPCC was founded in 1884 and our vision is still to end cruelty to children in the UK. Find out more about how we are ending child cruelty, how the NSPCC is organised and our history
How could you get involved?
Link to the document re Quality of Nursery Schools.
National Campaign for real nursery Education
Advice for parents and carers to help support children and young people in their safe and responsible use of the internet.
Lots of information about education and activities to do with young children.
Describes indoor and outdoor gardening projects for children, plants suitable for
kids to grow plus interesting fact and figures. Easy-to-grow plants - Build a wormery - Grow a tree - Catch and draw insects
Whether it's planting seeds in a pot or tending flowers or vegetables in a garden,
... things is a wonderful, hands-on learning experience for young children.